The mortgage process is pretty straightforward, but knowing what to expect will help everything go smoothly.
STEP 1: ELECTRONIC LOAN APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT PACKAGE
- You’ll receive a secure link to e-sign your documents, saving you valuable time.
- A Loan Estimate is included in this package. This is an itemized list of the fees that you may be charged for your home loan transaction.
STEP 2: LOAN APPROVAL
- Once your loan application is reviewed, you may be asked for additional documentation.
- Return the requested documentation as quickly as possible.
STEP 3: APPRAISAL
- A licensed appraiser will need to inspect the property and determine a value. (If your loan application receives a Property Inspection Waiver, no appraisal will be needed.)
- The appraisal cost is typically paid prior to the inspection.
STEP 4: CLOSING DISCLOSURE
- This is the final list of fees that you will be charged for your loan.
- You will receive this document at least three days prior to your closing.
STEP 5: VERBAL VERIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT
- A call will be placed to your employer; it’s important they respond promptly.
STEP 6: FINAL CLOSING
- When your loan is fully approved, your employment has been verified, and you are ready to close on your home, we will schedule a convenient time to sign the final documentation.